I am back with some of my current beauty faves…here are just some of the products we are loving right now…
1. My husband and I recently purchased Commes Des Garcons fragrance at Standard Style here in KC. They both are super light, fresh scents which are great for these hot summer days! I have the Play Green and he has the AmazingGreen.
Play green is light and citrusy with notes of: Mint Nanah, Lime, Juniper Berry, Basil, Jasmine, Mastic Tree, Abelmoschus, Vetiver, and Cedar. Amazingreen is a wonderful light, yet masculine scent with notes of: Palm Tree Leaves, Green Pepper, Dew Mist, Jungle Leaves, Ivy Leaves, Orris Roots, Coriander Seeds, Silex, Gunpowder Accord, Vetiver, Smoke, White Musk.
2. Thymes makes great bath products; and I have recently become obsessed with their Aqua Corraline body scrub. It lightly exfoliates, and leaves you with this wonderful beachy scent that even your husband will love! It was also was named one of Allure’s best for 2014.
3. R + Co Vicious Hairspray...this stuff is legit! My stylist Colby at Vincent + Greer salon suggested it. I rolled my eyes when I saw the price, but she swore it was the BEST hairspray she has used. And the bottle is huge so it does go a long way. It has a strong flexible hold, which means it gives your hair “hold” but still allows for movement, or restyling. It won’t shellac your hair, but it gives just the right amount of hold!
4. using a makeup primer will change your life. It is amazing what it can do for the overall finish, and look of your skin. I love Smashbox’s photo finish primer. It goes on lightweight, and creates a perfect canvas for your foundation. It also comes in a travel size, which is great if you just want to give it a whirl before buying the full size!
5. I know I have talked about it before, but the Tangle Teezer has saved my life. My daughter typically runs the other direction when I try to comb her hair. But the tangle teezer is the only thing that she feels doesn’t hurt her head. My husband loves it too…the whole house pretty much fights over the “pink brush”. I think it’s time to invest in another one!